Thursday, November 18, 2010

Mulled Wine



{ Ingredients }

* 4 cups apple cider 
* 1 (750-ml) bottle red wine, such as Cabernet Sauvignon 
* 1/4 cup honey 
* 2 cinnamon sticks 
* 1 orange, zested and juiced 
* 4 whole cloves 
* 3 star anise 
* 4 oranges, peeled, for garnish 

{ Directions } 

Combine the cider, wine, honey, cinnamon sticks, zest, juice, cloves and star anise in a large saucepan, bring to a boil and simmer over low heat for 10 minutes. Pour into mugs, add an orange peel to each and serve.

Trader Joe's has Mulling Spice too...

Trader Joe’s
Mulling Spices is a sentiment-stirring sensation.
Add it to wine or cider for unforgettable mulled
brews or simmer some on the stove to suffuse
your home with warmth and welcome. Each 5.5
ounce can is $3.99—mull it over, then buy it. 

5 comments:

  1. I love cider. I don't even get coffee at Starbucks. I get Spiced Apply Cider instead. So this stuff just looks absolutly yum, yum, yummy. Thanks for the recipe! Caffiene actually makes me sick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only drink one cup of coffee a day and that's right when I get out of bed...so I don't visit Starbucks that much either :) But I've never had their Spiced Apple Cider before.....that sounds divine...I might go tomorrow :) yummo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. MmMM,I'm drooling..thanks for sharing..I'm running to the grocery store ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to make some for Thanksgiving! The holidays are always brighter with a bit of Mulled Wine!

    ReplyDelete